of things to do
- 10. Have a barbecue on the ghetto porch, AKA the fire escape. Try not to fry your upstairs neighbor's petunias.
- 9. Open a hydrant. Run through the spray until the cops come
- 8. Eat the ice cream in the back of the freezer. It's going to melt anyway.
- 7. Ditto on the beer. It's getting warm.
- 6. Go outside and start a roller skate circle in the intersection. Traffic's not moving anyway.
- 5. Buy candles. Lots. Stage a scene from "Interview with a Vampire" over dinner.
- 4. Or get glowsticks. Hold a mini-rave on the corner, providing your boombox has batteries.
- 3. Replace your sonic electric toothbrush with the old-fashioned hand-crank kind.
- 2. Fold and tape sheets of lined notebook paper into fans. Stand out on the street selling them for a dollar.
- 1. Call your Congressperson and ask her/him to fund sustainable energy research – after the electricity comes back on, that is.
By Farai Chideya,
Read the whole article